The April 3rd edition of WWE RAW was the first episode after WrestleMania 33 and aired live from the Amway Center in Orlando, Florida.
– RAW opens up with a video highlighting Roman Reigns’ victory over The Undertaker last night, and Undertaker’s exit. We go into the arena and the crowd is chanting Undertaker’s name. Reigns’ music starts playing and the crowd immediately begins booing him. Every time Reigns goes to speak, the crowd starts another chant against him. Reigns finally says “This is my yard now,” drops the mic, and walks backstage.
– Michael Cole, Byron Saxton and Corey Graves explain that the crowd immediately after WrestleMania is always hot and they may “cheer who they usually boo, and boo who they usually cheer.”
– Matt & Jeff Hardy (c) def. Luke Gallows & Karl Anderson: The Champions come out of the gate strong and Matt Hardy hits the Side Effect on Anderson early on. Matt and Jeff clothesline both Anderson and Gallows out to ringside as the crowd starts a “delete” chant. Back in the ring, Gallows and Anderson double team Matt with a back suplex into a neckbreaker. The crowd chants “F–k that owl” as Gallows and Anderson continue working on Matt. Jeff gets the hot tag and goes right to work on Gallows with right hands and flying forearm. Hardy follows up with an inverted atomic 0., then things go out to ringside. Jeff uses the ring steps to hit the Poetry In Motion on Gallows up against the fan barricade. Back in the ring, Anderson and Gallows hit the Boot Of Doom for a two count on Jeff. Matt interrupts a Magic Killer and Jeff hits a Twist of Fate on Gallows and a leg drop on Anderson. Matt tags in and hits a Twist of Fate on Gallows, then Jeff hits the Swanton Bomb for the win.
– Neville def. Mustafa Ali: Neville starts off strong, but Ali quickly bounces back with a spinning heel kick that sends Neville out to the floor at ringside. Ali follows up with a springboard moonsault onto Neville on the floor before taking things back in the ring. Neville fights back until Ali hits a kick to the head, then he rolls into a neckbreaker on Neville. The crowd appears to be distracted by something off-camera. Neville comes back with a German suplex and a lariat for a near-fall. Neville takes Ali up to the top rope, but Ali takes him down with a springboard Spanish Fly into the ring. Ali hits a series of elbows and kicks, but Neville comes back with a kick of his own that drops Ali. Ali comes back with a kick and a reverse hurricanrana, and he follows up with a tornado DDT. Ali pins but Neville gets his foot on the rope. Ali goes for an inverted 450, but Neville rolls out of the way. Neville goes up top for a Red Arrow, but Neville changes his mind and comes down and locks Ali in the Rings of Saturn for the win.
– We see a limo pull up backstage, and out gets WWE Chairman Vince McMahon! McMahon walks into the arena as we go to commercial.
– “No Chance In Hell” hits in the arena and Mr. McMahon struts down to the ring. He gets a big pop from the crowd and they sing along with his entrance music. Before McMahon starts talking, the crowd chants “Roman sucks” at him. Vince says he wants to give a well-deserved thank you to the WWE fans. Vince says it’s time for a “superstar shakeup” and they will mix things up a bit. Vince shows footage of his daughter Stephanie being bumped through a table at WrestleMania. Vince says Stephanie will be out of action for some time, which gets a positive reaction from the crowd. Vince plays it up and gets more cheers from the crowd about Stephanie’s injury. Vince tells the crowd they’re being bloodthirsty, which gets a pop. Vince says since Foley was fired and Stephanie was injured, it’s time to name a new general manager. Vince says this new GM was just inducted into the Hall of Fame, then Teddy Long’s music hits, which seems to surprise Vince. Vince demands for his music to be cut, and he orders Teddy to stop dancing. Vince tells Teddy it’s not him, and Teddy says “my bad, holla holla” and leaves. Vince introduces the real new GM, but no music plays. Vince introduces him again, and this time introduces him by name: Kurt Angle. Angle’s music hits and the Olympic gold medalist makes his way down to the ring in a suit. Vince tells Kurt he’s glad he made it, and tells him he better do a good job, then leaves. The crowd pops huge for Angle and gives him his usual “you suck” chant. Angle says it’s great to be back on Monday Night RAW, it’s true, it’s damn true. Angle heads backstage to get to work, and Cole says on commentary that the “superstar shakeup” will happen next week.
– The New Day comes out to the ring and they say the only downside of hosting WrestleMania last night was they couldn’t wrestle. So tonight they say they’re offering an open challenge to anyone in the back who thinks they can take them out. The Revival from NXT makes their debut to answer the challenge.
– The Revival def. Xavier Woods: Xavier and Big E will be representing The New Day in this one. The Revival works on Xavier in the opening minutes of the match and appear to be working on Xavier’s left arm. Dash goes for a superplex but Xavier fights out and follows up with a missile dropkick. Dawson and Big E tag in, and Big E hits a series of belly to belly suplexes. Big E tries to spear Dawson through the ropes, but Dawson moves and Big E crashes onto the ringside floor. Woods and Dawson trade elbows to the face in the ring until Dash tags in. The Revival hits the Shatter Machine on Xavier for the win in their RAW debut. After the match, they beat down Kofi and try to injure his ankle.
– Kurt Angle is backstage unpacking a box of his things when Enzo and Cass interrupt to introduce themselves. Enzo and Cass say they want a shot at the tag title, so Angle books them in a #1 contender match against Sheamus and Cesaro. After Enzo and Cass walk away, Angle realizes they misspelled “soft.”
– Bayley, Sasha Banks & Dana Brooke def. Emma, Nia Jax & Charlotte: Emma stands on the announce table before her entrance. Emma starts things off with offense on both Dana and Bayley. Bayley comes back with an arm drag and a drop toe hold. Emma tags in Nia who takes control of things against Bayley before tagging in Charlotte. Charlotte lays into Bayley with chops, then hangs her upside down in the corner and stomps on her. Emma tags back in and stomps on Bayley and pulls her hair. Charlotte tags back in and hits a series of knees and chops on Bayley. Sasha tags in and cleans house. She hits a spinning headscissors on Charlotte and follows up with running knee strikes in the corner. Sasha follows up with a double knee drop off the middle rope for a two count. Dana and Sasha take out Nia with a double dropkick, then Bayley hits a cross body on Nia at ringside. Charlotte goes for a Natural Selection on Sasha in the ring, but Sasha dodges it and locks in the Banks Statement on Charlotte for the win. After the match, Charlotte blames both Emma and Nia for the loss. Nia beats down Charlotte and Emma heads backstage.
– Sami Zayn is backstage telling Kurt Angle he wants to cultivate a good relationship him like he had with Foley. Angle says Sami has the three I’s: Intelligence, Intensity, and Integrity. Jinder Mahal interrupts and complains he got screwed over by Gronk at WrestleMania. Sami takes issue with Jinder interrupting him, so Angle says they’re going to settle their problems in the ring tonight and wants them to get out of his face.
– WWE Universal Champion Brock Lesnar and Paul Heyman are out to the ring next. Heyman gets on the mic and says that after Goldberg’s trip to suplex city he won’t be around anymore, which gets a pop from the crowd. Heyman says now that Goldberg is out of the way, Lesnar needs new challengers. Heyman mentions Seth Rollins, Matt Hardy and Jeff Hardy as possible opponents. Heyman says Lesnar isn’t going to cherish the Championship belt and take selfies with it, Lesnar is going to disrupt the status quo. Heyman says since Lesnar and Reigns both beat Undertaker at WrestleMania, they should face off to see whose yard it really is. Heyman says Lesnar wants to do something tonight that everyone will remember, but before Heyman can continue he is interrupted by Braun Strowman’s music. Strowman makes his way down to the ring and says he’s going to destroy Roman Reigns to get Lesnar’s attention, because Lesnar has his attention with the Universal Title. Strowman and Lesnar stare each other down and Lesnar challenges Strowman to come at him. Strowman backs down and heads backstage.
– Chris Jericho is backstage where he does an interview about getting a U.S. Title rematch against Owens in four weeks at Payback. Jericho says the RAW after WrestleMania is one of his favorite nights of the year. Jericho says he’s going to get his revenge against that stupid idiot Kevin Owens tonight in a tag match tonight with Seth Rollins against the team of Owens and Samoa Joe. Jericho puts “the tip of Kevin Owens’ finger” on The List, but then Owens attacks him and they brawl through the backstage area. Samoa Joe joins Owens and they beat down Jericho together. Owens powerbombs Jericho through a table in the back, then a referee tries to pull away Joe and Owens.
– Kurt Angle is seen leaving the trainer’s office and then telling Rollins that Jericho is injured and can’t wrestle tonight. Angle assures Rollins that he’ll find a replacement partner for him tonight.
– Sheamus & Cesaro def. Enzo & Cass: The winner of this one gets a shot at Matt & Jeff Hardy’s Tag Team Titles. Enzo and Cass hit some double team moves on both Sheamus and Cesaro early on, which leads to Cass throwing Enzo down onto Sheamus and Cesaro at ringside. Back in the ring, Sheamus takes control of things against Enzo with a rolling senton. Cass and Cesaro get into it at ringside, and Sheamus hits a dropkick through the ropes on Cass. In the ring, Enzo hits a tornado DDT on Sheamus, but Cass is still down. Cesaro tags in and hits a running uppercut on Enzo, followed up by the swing. Cesaro locks Enzo in the Sharpshooter, but Cass breaks it up with a big boot, then kicks Sheamus out to ringside. Cass goes back outside and lets Enzo tag him in. Cass hits two running splashes on Cesaro in the corner, followed up by a side walk slam and an elbow drop. Cass hits a big boot, then tags in Enzo. They attempt the Bada Boom, but Sheamus big boots Cass, then throws Enzo off the top rope into a European uppercut from Cesaro. Cesaro pins for the three count, and now Cesaro and Sheamus get a shot at the Tag Titles.
– We get a look at some the reactions on Twitter to The Undertaker’s loss at WrestleMania last night.
– Sami Zayn def. Jinder Mahal: We’re shown highlights of Jinder Mahal’s run-in with Gronk from the New England Patriots at WrestleMania. Jinder knocks Sami off the apron during his entrance and beats him down around ringside before the bell. Back in the ring, the referee calls for the opening bell and Jinder continues the offense on Sami. Sami dodges a splash in the corner and comes back with a t-bone suplex and the Heluva Kick for the win.
– A graphic is shown with Kurt Angle and Daniel Bryan promoting the “superstar shake-up” between the RAW and SmackDown rosters next week.
– Seth Rollins & Finn Balor def. Kevin Owens & Samoa Joe: Owens and Rollins start things off, but Joe quickly tags in and takes control of things. Rollins fights back with chops to the chest, but Joe shuts him down with a kick to the body. Owens beats on Rollins in the corner and taunts Balor. Rollins fights back and tags in Balor. Balor unloads with offense on Owens with a dropkick then a kick to the head. Owens rolls out to ringside but Finn chases him out and hits a running dropkick that sends Owens crashing into the fan barricade. Rollins tags in and this leads to Rollins hitting a suicide 450 splash dive onto Owens and Joe at ringside. Back in the ring, Owens targets Rollins’ knee then hits a DDT. Samoa Joe tags in and tees off on Rollins with strikes in the corner. Joe drops Rollins and starts working on his bad knee. Joe attempts the Coquina Clutch on Rollins, but Rollins gets out and hits a spinning heel kick on Joe. Balor and Owens tag in and Balor cleans house with forearm shots. Balor hits a dropkick on Owens then hits a series of chops to the chest. Balor drops both Owens and Joe with kicks to the head. After a series of reverals, Balor hits the sling blade. Balor goes for a dropkick, but Joe intercepts him with a Coquina Cluch. Rollins knocks down Joe with a flying knee to the head, then Owens superkicks Rollins. Balor drops Owens then hits a flying double foot stomp off the top for the win. Owens and Joe retreat up the ramp while Rollins raises Balor’s hand in the ring and RAW goes off the air.
– Backstage News On Another Top Star Returning To TV, Plans For Triple H, More